Tequila’s subtle smoky notes of oak, vanilla, caramel and spice pair perfectly with cucumber’s coolness and jalapeno’s spice. Enjoy tequila in a margarita that’s both refreshing and zippy. Don’t skimp on the tequila for this marg … 100 percent agave tequila has more flavor profiles than a bold red wine.
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup white tequila
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier (go for the top shelf here!)
- 1/4 cup simple syrup, or more as needed
- 6 slices cucumber
- 1/2 jalapeno, halved lengthwise
- Ice, for serving
- Salt or sugar for glass rims
- Mix together the lime juice, tequila, orange liqueur, simple syrup, cucumber and jalapenos in a large pitcher or cocktail shaker.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes (the longer the margarita sits, the more the cucumber and jalapeno flavors infuse into the drink).
- Serve over ice in salt or sugar-rimmed glasses.